Monday, June 1, 2009

Magnus Mo-Ho Review

Theres nothing like staying two nights with 3 other guys in a horse trailer and a disco ball. Lorson is the greatest Team Soupcan farter by far, followed by me, then Wes, but I think that Jason has some female gene that disables him for passing gas in public with male dominance. But we had a blast. We all did freakin great! We got 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th in the singlespeed 100k.

My race was awsome and had no idea it was going to be. I ran a 32x21 which I knew for me was gonna be not a strong enough gear in the flats and the roads but was hoping to be efficient enough to have a decent time with all the climbing involved. I was shooting for a time in the 7 hour range but was blown away when I ended up with a 6 1/2 hour time! I think a riding a SS has made me a better rider. It makes you relax on the easy stuff and push on the hard stuff.

My favorite point in the race was between the Buckhaven aid station and the Wilderness aid station. I loved the stretch of road riding. I could only go so fast on the SS I took time to relax and enjoy the country. I love riding through all the farms and seeing houses out in the middle of nowhere. Plus being sunny and 70 out added to a great day. But the whole time I was enjoying the ride I was anticipating the Mohician Wilderness and the brutal Valley Stream hill climb. Lorson you rode it! I got off my bike on Valley Stream but was walking next to a dude in his granny the whole way up. After that I remembered the course from prevoius years and rode in with good form. What a race! I got done before my wife could make it dowm to see me finish. Which ain't a bad thing cause it makes me look tough!

The after party rocked! Spinning Todd came down and he and I went to the Marathon right next door and bought a 24 of Busch and a 30 pack of Old Mil, which Wes likes to call Old Skwak. It was sweet to see Scream get hammered. I put on a pre race drunk by 4pm and managed to take some pics of the winners for O'Dell.

We continued the night by riding our bikes in blind drunkeness down to Beano's in downtown Loudonville for some Great Lakes Dortmunder and East of Chicago Pizza and then did the .35 blood alc. content level ride back to the campground for some fire and tunes and disco ball.

Sweet!

No comments: