Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mohican State Park race and Mohican Wilderness race

Hey, what can I say, we are a little behind on the posts. Starting with the State Park race...My story is quick...Coming off an injury I was going to try the race but Ryan forgot his shoes so he used mine (size 13 in a size 10.5). It was more important for him to race because he was doing well in the points for the OMBC. Turns out he DNF'd because he broke my pedal. His big toenail still isn't the same. I don't know how he'll ever go on. I got in a good trail run that left me nearly unable to walk for 2 weeks. Cycling does not translate to running. period. Lorson got 3rd in the open vet race with Wes at 7th down only by 2 minutes. Shawn Jones got 10th in the sport division. Next, the Mohican Wilderness...ouch...my first race back. The hardest first 2 miles in the world I think. I couldn't believe I found myself roll up on our two main guys (John and Wes) turned inside out and sick on the last climb before you finally get to go down hill a bit. I carried the SoupCan flag briefly until my rear skewer loosened in the rock garden and they both got their legs underneath them and proceeded to drill it the rest of the race. (thats what good racers do, overcome, right?). So three laps there is like being tortured with torture. John ended up 3rd and Wes 4th, me 6th. Shawn and Ryan 8th and 6th in Sport repectively. Overall the OMBC found John 3rd, Wes 4th in the open vet and Ryan 4th (would have one but he hosed himself with a dnf) and Shawn 5th.

No comments: